Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY nail dotter with a regular pen

Hello Everyone!

For my first post, I'd like to share with all of you my nail explorations with a simple household pen. I've seen other websites suggest using a bobby pin or other random objects but I've found pens that have run out of ink to be the best!

 My favorite is the skinny tip pen (top one) but regular pens work just as well!
Polka dots come out exactly the same! Just make sure to dip the tip of the pen into the nail polish every time you make a dot so that they are consistent!

And with this trick you can make designs like the following.....
This design is super simple! With a shiny top coat, I had many people asking me where I got my nails done! Using a pen, do a pattern of 2 dots and then 1 dot until you reach the top of the nail. Since the thumb is a wider do the same pattern but with 3 and 2 dots.



I love this manicure because it reminds me of confetti! I chose six colors and layered them on top of each other starting with the darkest color first. I recommend using white for one of the six colors because it helps your nails stand out. Use it as your last color so that it stands alone! This is also mess-proof! After I did this manicure I went to the mall and my dots smudged, I simply put black polka dots on top of the smudges and it was good as new!

Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment! This is my first blog so any feedback is appreciated!

xoxo, Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated and welcomed!